I Have Instagram (and Some Questions about Instagram)

After holding out for years, I finally joined Instagram! I was wary of giving myself yet another way to waste time online, but you all seemed to be having so much fun there that I couldn't resist. Plus, what kind of person writes an entire post about Instagram selfies and doesn't even have an account? My username is @dresspaintpatches @auxiliary_beauty (@auxiliarybeauty was taken, if you can believe it). (Update, 3/23: Yes, I'm so indecisive that I changed my Instagram handle within two days. I think it's less confusing this way. I promise I won't turn into the kind of person who changes it every week.)

I do, of course, have a couple of questions about this marvelous technology that all the kids are using:

1. How do you attach one of those little Instagram badges to your blog? I thought I could do it by copying and pasting the HTML code provided here into one of the sidebar "gadgets" available on Blogger, but Blogger tells me that I need to copy a URL instead. I feel the same combination of impotence, rage, bewilderment, and despair that my parents must feel when they try to attach a photo or document to an email. Please help.

2. When you post FOTDs or product photos, are you in the habit of tagging every brand you mention? Or is that something you do only when you're trying to get the brand's attention for some reason?

3. Does anyone else feel incredibly awkward when getting accustomed to a new social-media platform? Not just technologically awkward, but socially awkward as well? Like you've arrived alone and sober at a party where you know very few people, and everyone is having an uproariously good time without you, and you wonder if maybe you'd better just slip out again before someone notices you've arrived?

Anyway! Follow me if you feel inclined, and I'm sure I'll be posting painstakingly contoured selfies in no time at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiko Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick in 319 Chocolate

Reverse Lipstick Chronology #3: Urban Decay Roach

The Pacific Coast Highway and an Antidote to SoCal Dryness: Sephora Rose Mask!