Lipstick Meme!

From Sleep and Water, a wonderful Australian beauty blog I just discovered. I would love to see other people do this—seriously, I never get tired of hearing about lipstick.

1. How many lipsticks do you own?
49, plus five glosses. I plan to get rid of about ten lipsticks after I finish my chronology.

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
Revlon Certainly Red, but I returned it so quickly that I’m not sure it counts. The first lipstick I both owned and wore regularly was Revlon Carnation, from the now-discontinued Colorburst line. I’m a little embarrassed about this one, because it’s a shimmery bubblegum pink and I wore it to graduate classes at my stuffy university like it wasn’t even a thing.

3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
The brand with the biggest representation in my collection is Revlon (followed at a great distance by MAC), but I’d own a lot more NARS and YSL if my budget permitted. Really, though, I don’t have one favorite brand; I’m just a fuchsia and pinky-red whore. A good lipstick is a good lipstick.

4. What is your most worn lipstick?
Two sheer lipsticks: NARS Dolce Vita and Revlon Plum Velour. So sadly depleted!

image

5. What is your favourite finish?
I can’t choose! It’s easier to say what my least favorite finish is: anything with shimmer or frost. I like matte formulas for bright colors, satin formulas for dark colors, and sheer or satin formulas for neutral colors. And I do have a fondness for sheer berries and plums and corals.

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
Maybelline Nude Lust. But the last lip product I bought was a Revlon gloss, the shimmery fuchsia Adorned, which is basically a liquid lipstick.

7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
Four: Plum Velour, Dolce Vita, a tube of Carmex, and Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry.

8. What is your favourite red lip colour?
It’s a tie between NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red and YSL Glossy Stain in Rouge Gouache.
image

9. How do you store your lipsticks?
In two round Kate Spade jewelry boxes. Nudes, MLBBs, corals, and hot pinks on the left; reds, berries, and purples on the right. The small jar is for the ones I never wear and have been meaning for ages to give away/donate/throw out.

image

It’s nice to have an organizational system that imposes a limit on the number of lipsticks I can accumulate—but then I always cheat and free up space by carrying a few in my bag.

10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?
 Portland Black Lipstick Company’s Lux et Voluptas, a pink with a gold foil finish for an overall rose-gold effect. But I don’t have immediate plans to buy it; really, I just like knowing that it exists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kiko Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick in 319 Chocolate

Reverse Lipstick Chronology #3: Urban Decay Roach

The Pacific Coast Highway and an Antidote to SoCal Dryness: Sephora Rose Mask!